Come and meet us
We are a school that is open to the world, friendly and welcoming. Bringing together tradition and innovation, we accompany our students to help them to grow in all their aspects and to develop attitudes, values, skills and competences that will allow them to live and work in a world that is culturally diverse and in continuous transformation.We offer a wide range of courses: from P1 to Upper Secondary Year 2, and various Vocational Training programmes.
Learn about our Jesuit educational project: a global project with continuity at all stages.
We grow and learn by looking to the future with hope and dedication. We accompany our students on their journey to become people capable of transforming their environment.
Josep M. Ramón
Mª Jesús Méndez
INFANT SCHOOL Management
INITIAL PRIMARY SCHOOL Management
NEW INTERMEDIATE STAGE-LOWER SECONDARY Management
LOWER SECONDARY-UPPER SECONDARY Management
Head of Professional Studies
Directorate of Pastoral Care
Directorate of Non-Formal Education Model (Extracurricular and Lunchtime Space)
Head of Communication
Jesuits Sarrià - Sant Ignasi founded in Manresa by the Society of Jesus.
The school headquarters are moved to the grounds of the Casa Gardenyes in Sarrià, in the original manor house that is now part of the Chemical Institute of Sarrià.
Work begins on the current building, involving 180 workers. The project was commissioned to Joan Martorell, one of the most outstanding architects of Modernisme and one of Gaudí’s masters.
On 3 December, the Feast of St. Francis Xavier, the new two-storey school building, covering approximately 25,000 m² and with a façade of 123 m, is opened. It is located on a site of approximately four hectares.
The Republic and the Civil War force the students to leave the building, although the classes are not interrupted, and they move to the Ramon Llull Academy and the Margenat Academy in 1937, where Jesuit pedagogical methods are reintroduced.
After the war had ended, the pupils return to the classrooms of the Sant Ignasi - Sarrià school and, on 19 March 1939, classes resume as normal.
The institution becomes consolidated as a school of reference in Barcelona. The process of opening up the school begins in these years with the introduction of the responsible tuition fee, in order to avoid school discrimination for economic reasons. It is institutionalised to offer the facilities and spaces to people outside the school and the recruitment of female teachers begins.
The school becomes co-educational.
The Infant School building is constructed and P3 is introduced in the school.
The Nursery is incorporated into the school’s Infant School.
The Carles Riba nursery school is integrated into Sant Ignasi, expanding from four to five lines of subsidised Infant School.
Sant Ignasi currently has around 3,000 pupils, from P1 to Upper Secondary and professional studies.
The Sant Ignasi Alumni Association, created in 1934, is a group of more than 10,000 alumni.
We implement good practice policies such as our code of ethics, regulatory compliance code and child and youth protection protocol, among others.